1. Mr. Yolk had 42 eggs, but dropped 15 of them. How many did he have left?
Answer: 27 eggs
2. Joel had 37 yaks. He gave 13 of them to the zoo. How many did he have left?
Answer: 24 yaks
3. Delaney picked 48 kiwis and then gave 14 of them to Dylan. How many kiwis did Delaney have left?
Answer: 34 kiwis
4. The ancient Persians had 55 ships. The Greeks came and sank 38 of them. How many ships did the Persians have left?
Answer: 17 ships
5. There were 31 dogs in the dog show. A cat walked by and 12 of the dogs ran after it. How many dogs were left in the dog show?
Answer: 19 dogs
6. A castle had 79 knights, but giant kangaroos jumped over the wall and carried off 34 knights. How many knights are left?
Answer: 45 knights
7. There were 32 meatballs on the table. The dog walked by and ate 18 meatballs. How many meatballs were left?
Answer: 14 meatballs
8. Kayla had 20 old coins. She gave 13 to her brother for Christmas. How many coins does she have left?
Answer: 7 coins