Do the following word problems. Click the picture to show the answer. Make sure you write your answer down first!
1. Gina went to 56 extreme sewing competitions this year. She went to 41 competitions last year. How many extreme
sewing competitions did she go to altogether?
2. George solved 23 problems during the addition competition. Juan solved 12 more problems than George. How
many addition problems did Juan solve?
3. Tonya had 56 lizard toes in her collection. She gave 21 of them to her brother so he could start a lizard
toe collection too. How many lizard toes did Tonya have left?
4. Maddie can flare her nostrils 83 times per minute. Tom can only flare his nostrils 29 times per minute.
How many fewer times per minute can Tom flare his nostrils?
5. Tim had 34 Euro coins in his coin collection. His dad went on a trip to Europe and brought him some
more Euro coins. Now Tim has 87 Euro coins in his collection. How many Euro coins did Tim get from his